Here’s a guide of what you should do and the information we need from you:-
• Write a list of the items you are claiming on, including the approximate age,
where you purchased them from, and the approximate cost you paid for these items.
• Take photos and/or videos of the items you are claiming on, including photos of
the make, model, and serial numbers of any electronic items.
• Do not dispose of items unless absolutely necessary.
• Provide receipts and valuations where possible.
• Advise how the water damage occurred e.g. did water come up through
the floorboards, or down through the roof?
• Provide repairs reports for any items that have had ‘clean water’ damage (i.e. rainwater only).
• If you do not have a dryer and need to get linen, clothing etc. dry cleaned,
make sure you keep the receipts.
• If your freezer has shorted due to an electrical outage, take photos and write a
list of the freezer items.If they are defrosting, feel free to cook, donate and/or dispose of them.
• Check your electrical items have not been affected by water and are safe to use.
If power has fused any electrical items or you’re not sure, get them tested.
• Take photos and/or videos of any areas damage as the result of the event
• Try to minimise loss wherever possible e.g. lift furniture off wet carpet and
store somewhere dry if possible.
• Provide details of how the loss happened, and what you have done to try and minimise the damage.
• Try and dry or air out the property as much as possible, as soon as you can.
Ideally we’d rather not be in a position to claim but it’s of great comfort to know that the insurance has worked as intended. As a side note we have found Graeme exceptional to work with.
We have found the team at Greenstone Insurance fantastic! They ensure that we have the correct insurance cover to protect our business. Our business insurance requirements are constantly reviewed and revised due to all different types of insurance needed in the construction industry. These needs are varied covering building insurance, public liability, vehicles and equipment and during that time we have had vehicle damage and the process of making a claim is made so easy and hassle free. Greenstone are efficient and helpful in every aspect. Their services and knowledge have proven valuable to our company and we would highly recommend.
The reason we are with Greenstone Insurance is because of Nicki Gray. She is pleasant and cheerful at all times. Nothing is too big a problem. When issues come up suddenly, they are dealt with effectively and quickly. If she doesn’t know, she finds out. Nicki is an asset to Greenstone Insurance.
We have found the team at Greenstone Insurance to be very helpful, efficient and extremely pleasant to deal with. In particular, our Adviser – George Bodley – who continually ensures that our covers are up to date and adequate for our needs.
My dealings with Greenstone Insurance (Nicki Gray) have been great. Nicki is always so helpful and always replies to our requests in a timely manner and provides an excellent service. I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending them to anybody looking for assistance with their insurance.
I would definitely recommend David Argent from Greenstone Insurance if you are thinking of finding the best insurance cover. He was easy to deal with and we ended up with a house and contents plan that was much cheaper than our existing plan, yet offered more. He has a good knowledge of the insurance industry and offers guidance and advice plus makes the whole process seem easy.
Our company requires confirmation of insurance in order to complete funding for our clients. Often there is short notice of this requirements yet prompt attention is necessary. We have found Greenstone Insurance service to be superb, professional and very timely. We always receive prompt responses when requests are made. We greatly appreciate and value the service Greenstone Insurance provides us with.